Sat, Apr 10|
Golden Mountain Adventure 2020
Get the big bikes out! Time to up the descending factor and get down! Learn the skill to get those big bikes up to the top, soak up the views and then practice techniques with certified coaches all the way to the bottom!
Time & Location
Apr 10, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Golden, Golden, BC, Canada
We have a super fun, extra rad experienced instructor ready to show you some awesome enduro and downhill trails and coach you through some of the more technical features. Be prepared for two full days in the saddle on the infamous Mount 7 and CBT trail systems and work on finding flow, tight switchbacks and descending with control! Learn how to conquer bigger rides, bigger features and have a blast! Being in the folds of the mountains, smelling the cedars, breathing the crisp air, cheering on each others successes, doing features you thought impossible and shredding some trails is what this weekend is all about.
Teaching topics are designed around the group - so let us know what you want to improve on. Typical topics include: balance, gearing, switchback climbing, technical climbing, gearing, cornering (flat & bermed), roll downs, descending, and getting air. With over 10 hours of instruction, this works out to $42/hr of personalized instruction (a steal of a deal!) This event is open to the public (ladies only), and we encourage riders to be confident blue riders, with some experience with technical mountainbike trails. But don't let that scare you away - give us a shout and tell us what your thinking.
Participants will need to organize accommodations, food and transportation for themselves, but we can help too! From camping (in the town of Golden, very close to the trails) to motels and AirBnBs, we can point you to some cozy spots (and some deals) as well as recommend delicious tacos, burgers and watering holes - we know them well! And if you need some more squish under your pedals, we can hook you up with a local shop for a more capable bike rental.
Overview of the weekend:
Our focus is on you! We bring women together in the mountains to learn in a positive, fun environment. Breaking down skills to a step-by-step progression, along with lots of sessioning, brings your biking to the next level! A skilled, local coach will show you the best trails around while providing personalized feedback to improve your experience on your bike!
Friday evening we meet for refreshments to meet and chat about our upcoming adventure! What to bring, what to wear, weather and trail conditions are all reviewed, waivers are all completed and nerves are calmed by meeting your experienced coach (if you don't already know her). If you can't make the Friday night due to your commute, no problemo - just give us a heads up, and we can meet a bit earlier on Saturday.
Saturday we meet at 9 am at Skills park for demos and to practice skills. This allows our coach to see your skills and provide you with personal attention and suggestions on how to improve before we hit the trails. Around 11:30 am, we head to the Bluebird cafe to pick up some fuel, and then we hit the trails and focus on areas/features and/or skills that you choose. Often this includes trail scanning, technical climbing, switchback climbing, loading the bike, cornering, small roll downs and small drops. Estimated ride Time: 3.5-4.5 hours excluding instruction.
Sunday we meet at 9 am at the trailhead to do Golden's most epic enduro areas. Depending on the groups preference, we work on descending, high-speed cornering, small jumps, small roll downs & drops at speed. Estimated ride time: 3-3.5 hours excluding instruction. Aim to be wrapped up approximately 4pm.
Your Certified Professional Mountain Bike Instructor will guide the group of up to 7 participants, keeping with the conservative industry instructor to participant ratio of 1:7. Your instructor is familiar with the specified trails, the trail systems and Golden, BC as well as holds Standard First Aid certification and carries the recommended first aid kits and basic tools for mechanical issues.
What to bring:
1. Well tuned up mountain bike (proper size, dual suspension is strongly recommended). If you need something more capable, we can help with a rental.
2. Pedals - please have flat pedals on your bike. This is safer to learn and is much easier during our Saturday morning of skills. Flats ensure proper foot/pedaling technique, so challenge yourself to try flats a few times prior to the weekend. If you are much more comfortable on clips, then feel free to use them, but do let us know so we can plan accordingly.
3. Shoes to match your pedals. Flat soled cycling shoes are ideal. Skate shoes are a good second runner up. Runners will do. Please do not wear hiking boots. Clips require shoes with matching cleats.
4. Weather appropriate clothing - check the weather!
5. Helmet - we only got one brain! If you have a full face helmet this would be recommended for the trail rides, but you might want a regular helmet for Saturday morning skills. Whatever you feel most comfortable with!
6. Cycling gloves (full-fingered) - this is also a COVID-19 requirement
7. Padded shorts (also known as chamois) - your body will thank you
8. Hydration system (water bottles or knapsack with hydration bladder)
9. Snacks - YUM!
10. Cloth mask or Buff - a COVID-19 requirement
11. Sunscreen & Bug spray (we stop and session features a lot, this is a must!)
12. Spare tube that fits your bike
13. Leg/arm pads. Strongly recommended. Other padding is up to you - sometimes this helps our mental game too!
Our COVID-19 modifications requre that all participants (including coaches) self-screen for symptoms prior to attending, wash their hands, disinfect their bikes and wear a cloth mask or a buff. Coaches will avoid touching you and your bike as much as possible to prevent cross-contamination. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be available. Shuttling/vehicle sharing will not occur.
Questions? Contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation policy: Event will be canceled at 10AM the morning of the event if weather is deemed unsafe or our actions will cause an unacceptable level of damage to the trails. Event will be cancelled at any point during the clinic if lightening is observed. A 50% refund will be offered in the case of a weather cancelation. Otherwise, 100% refund within 7 days of purchase, 50% refund before June 30th, no refunds after June 30th.
Golden Mountain Adventure
Get the big bikes out! Time to up the descending factor and get down all weekend!! Learn the skill to get those big bikes up to the top, soak up the views and then practice techniques with certified coaches all the way to the bottom!