What to BRING & Wear
- CSA approved Helmet
- A bike in good repair with a bell (it is the law)! If you are unsure about your bike handling the river valley trails, please email a picture of your bike from a few angles to us.
- Valid ID – we need you to carry identification and cell phones are always recommended
- Water and snacks to bring on the trail (plan for 1.5-2.5 hours depending on group level)
- Closed toed shoes are mandatory. NO SANDALS.
- It is HIGHLY recommended you bring an extra tube for your bike, as well as a bike tool and bike tire levers. - SheShreds is a "no drop club" and we will help you as much as possible if you have a mechanical issue. It is good practice to be self-sufficient.
- Clips are not idea for our lesson format. Flat pedals are strongly recommended.
- Gloves and glasses are highly recommended for protecting your hands and your eyes.
- Chamois (bike underwear) is also a highly highly highly recommended investment.
- In addition to all of the above, it is recommended to wear weather appropriate clothing. Baselayers, ski socks, layers that breathe. Dress for being active, not for the parking lot/standing around.
- Gloves with fingers are recommended to operate the bike (brakes, gear shifters).
- Ski goggles are preferred over sunglasses by some folks
- A thermos of tea is also highly underrated.