Thu, Aug 17|
Bakerville Adventure Retreat
Uncrowded, quite and trails for us to define with a twist that will leave you searching for gold!
Time & Location
Aug 17, 2023, 4:00 p.m. PDT – Aug 20, 2023, 4:00 p.m. PDT
Barkerville, Barkerville, BC V0K, Canada
About the event
Join us in the alpines with our super fun, extra rad experienced leaders ready to show you the tech & flow trails of the Wells/Barkerville and surrounding area. We will lead you through some of the more technical features to improve your riding! Be prepared for three full days in the saddle and work on endurance, technical features, finding flow, nativgating different types of features, climbing and descending with control and stability. Being in the wilderness, smelling the pines, breathing the crisp air, encouraging one another, and shredding some trails is what this weekend is all about.
This is a lead ride Weekend to ride trails, meet friends and experience the Gold Rush. This event is open to the public (women and non-binary adults only), and for strong beginners riders ready to ride cross country with a bit of park. For Riders that are confident on "blue" trails, with some experience with technical mountain bike trails. But don't let that scare you away - give us a shout and tell us what your thinking. We suggest that this retreat is best for those riders looking to explore this area and everything it has to offer along with the Gold Rush experience that Barkerville offers.
Accomodation are included with rooms at the St. George Hotel which sets you back to 1800's with authentic furniture and ammenities. Also included is a victorian breakfast each morning to start our riding day off right. All other meals and transportation are participants responsiblity.
If you'd rather sort yourself out, let us know: From camping to motels and AirBnBs, we can point you to some cozy spots as well as recommend delicious food and watering holes - we know them well!
Overview of the weekend:
Our focus is on you! Together, we foster riding in a positive, fun environment. Exploring Trails in a fun group enviroment, along with riding a variety of trails. Skilled leaders will show you the best trails for the group while providing personalized feedback to improve your experience on your bike!
Pre-weekend we have a welcome package that outlines what to bring, what to wear, weather expected, trail conditions and meet-up locations. You will have the contacts of the other participants if you choose to organize carpooling. You will recieve the waiver package via email ahead of the weekend and you are encouraged to read it ahead of signing it and seek medical and/or legal consult, if needed. The waivers can be found here.
Thursday: Able to Check-In to St. George Hotel after 4:00pm, Welcome bag pick up and area to store bike if needed. (Please note bikes are not allowed in the town, we have a secure area with 24hr secuirty to place bikes)
Friday: Meet at 9am in Main lobby for breakfast, followed by a guided town tour at 10am to give you the taste of Barkerville before we go and explore the beautiful trails. We will be packing our lunches to go since we will be eating on the trail. At the trail head we do bike checks before we head out and hit the trails.
Saturday: Meet at 8:30 am at the main lobby for breakfast, we then headout to Quesnel bike park for a day of riding the bike park and Dragon Mountain.demos and to practice skills. Estimated ride time: 3.5-4.5 hours excluding instruction. In the evening for those who want we will head over to Wells to the pub for grub and some live karaoke.
Sunday: Meet at 9 am at the main lobby for breakfast. Depending on the groups preference, we choose will go for a morning ride and come back in the afternoon for a little hike to a mine shaft, with time to explore the town. Aim to be wrapped up approximately 4pm.
Certified Professional Mountain Bike Instructors will guide the group, with a maximum instructor to participant ratio of 1:7. Your instructor is familiar with the specified trails and Barkerville, BC as well as holds Standard First Aid certification and carries the recommended first aid kits and basic tools for mechanical issues.
- 3 Nights accombations at St. George Hotel
- 3 Conntential Breakfast
- 3 days of guided instructional riding
- Daily mobility sessions (pre-ride) & Relaxing Stretch (Post-ride)
- Admission into Barkerville for the entire time
- Guided tour of Barkerville
- Triple Peak Adventures Swag bag
What to bring:
1. Well tuned up mountain bike (proper size, dual suspension). If you need something more capable, we can help with a rental, but you will need to be able to transport it.
2. Pedals - please have flat pedals on your bike. This is safer to learn and helps to build confidence when you can quickly step off your bike. Flats ensure proper foot/pedaling technique, so challenge yourself to try flats a few times prior to the weekend. If you are much more comfortable on clips, then feel free to use them, but do let us know so we can plan accordingly.
3. Shoes to match your pedals. Flat soled cycling shoes are ideal. Skate shoes are a good second runner up. Runners will do. Please do not wear hiking boots. Closed-toe is required. Clips require shoes with matching cleats.
4. Weather appropriate clothing - check the weather!
5. Helmet - we only got one brain! If you have a full face helmet this would be recommended, but a regular helmet works great too. Whatever you feel most comfortable with!
6. Cycling gloves (full-fingered) are recommended
7. Padded shorts (also known as chamois) are recommended. Since this is a downhill clinic, you may not want to wear these. Personal preference!
8. Hydration system (water bottles or knapsack with hydration bladder)
9. Snacks/Lunch - YUM
10. Sunscreen & Bug spray (we stop and session features a lot, this is a must!)
11. Spare tube that fits your bike
12. Leg/arm pads. Strongly recommended. Other padding is up to you - sometimes this helps our mental game too!
Our COVID-19 modifications require that all participants (including coaches) self-screen for symptoms prior to attending, wash their hands, disinfect their bikes. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be available. Peak Shuttle service may also have their own COVID-19 protocols that will need to be followed.
Questions? Contact us via email: email@example.com
Cancellation policy: Event will be canceled at 8AM the morning of the event if weather is deemed unsafe or our actions will cause an unacceptable level of damage to the trails. Event will be cancelled at any point during the clinic if lightening is observed. A 50% refund will be offered in the case of a weather cancelation. Otherwise, 100% refund within 7 days of purchase, 50% refund before Aug 1st, no refunds after Aug 1st Please also review the COVID-19 protocols.
- Ticket type
Barkerville Adventure Retreat
Get ready to go back in time and get that gold fever! Time to explore the wild with breath taking trails and areas, which are truly hidden gems. Soak up the views and then practice techniques with certified coaches all weekend long!Price$725.00
+$36.25 GSTTax: +$36.25 GST
- Ticket type
Shared Rooms Accommodations
Accommodations are at the St.George hotel and are shared rooms, two rooms have two single beds and one is a queen bed. We will try to place you with friends if specified.Price$0.00
- Ticket type
Will Find my Own AccommodationPrice$0.00