Sat, Jul 10|
Golden Dirt Series x SheShreds collab!
Teamed up with the incredible Dirt Series for a weekend skills camp in Golden, BC.
Time & Location
Jul 10, 2021, 9:00 a.m. MDT – Jul 11, 2021, 4:00 p.m. MDT
Golden, Golden, BC, Canada
About the event
We are jumping on board with the amazing Dirt Series mountain bike camps to show you beautiful Golden BC
We have two super fun, extra rad, experienced instructors ready to show you some awesome enduro and downhill trails and coach you through some of the more technical features. Be prepared for two full days in the saddle on the infamous Mount 7 and CBT trail systems and work on finding flow, tight switchbacks and descending with control! Learn how to conquer bigger rides, bigger features and have a blast! Being in the folds of the mountains, smelling the cedars, breathing the crisp air, cheering on each others successes, doing features you thought impossible and shredding some trails is what this weekend is all about.
Teaching topics are designed around the group - so let us know what you want to improve on. Typical topics include: balance, gearing, switchback climbing, technical climbing, gearing, cornering (flat & bermed), roll downs, descending, and getting air (over 10 hours of instruction). We encourage riders to be confident blue riders, with some experience with technical mountain bike trails. But don't let that scare you away - give us a shout and tell us what your thinking.
Participants will need to organize accommodations, food and transportation for themselves, but we can help too! From camping (in the town of Golden, very close to the trails) to motels and AirBnBs, we can point you to some cozy spots (and some deals) as well as recommend delicious tacos, burgers and watering holes - we know them well! And if you need some more squish under your pedals, we can hook you up with a local shop for a more capable bike rental.
This Special event is in partnership with the BC Enduro Series Inc.
Overview of the weekend:
Our focus is on you! We bring women together in the mountains to learn in a positive, fun environment. Breaking down skills to a step-by-step progression, along with lots of sessioning, brings your biking to the next level! Our skilled coaches will show you the best trails around while providing personalized feedback to improve your experience on your bike!
Pre-weekend we have a welcome package that outlines what to bring, what to wear, weather espected, trail conditions and meet-up locations. You will recieve the waiver package via email ahead of the weekend and you are encouraged to read it ahead of signing it and seek medical or legal consult, if needed.
Saturday we meet at 9 am at Skills park for demos and to practice skills. This allows our coach to see your skills and provide you with personal attention and suggestions on how to improve before we hit the trails. Around 11:30 am, we hit the Mount Shadow trail system and focus on areas/features and/or skills that you choose. Often this includes trail scanning, technical climbing, switchback climbing, loading the bike, cornering, small roll downs and small drops. Estimated ride Time: 3.5-4.5 hours excluding instruction.
Sunday we meet at 9 am at the CBT trailhead to do Golden's most epic enduro areas. Depending on the groups preference, we work on climbing, pacing, descending, high-speed cornering, small jumps, small roll downs & drops at speed. Estimated ride time: 3-3.5 hours excluding instruction. Aim to be wrapped up approximately 4pm.
Two Certified Professional Mountain Bike Instructors will guide the group of up to 16 participants, for an instructor to participant ratio of 1:8. Your instructor is familiar with the specified trails and Golden, BC as well as holds Standard First Aid certification and carries the recommended first aid kits and basic tools for mechanical issues.
What to bring:
1. Well tuned up mountain bike (proper size, dual suspension). If you need something more capable, we can help with a rental, but you will need to be able to transport it (either within Golden or from Edmonton)
2. Pedals - please have flat pedals on your bike. This is safer to learn and helps to build confidence when you can quickly step off your bike. Flats ensure proper foot/pedaling technique, so challenge yourself to try flats a few times prior to the weekend. If you are much more comfortable on clips, then feel free to use them, but do let us know so we can plan accordingly.
3. Shoes to match your pedals. Flat soled cycling shoes are ideal. Skate shoes are a good second runner up. Runners will do. Please do not wear hiking boots. Clips require shoes with matching cleats.
4. Weather appropriate clothing - check the weather!
5. Helmet - we only got one brain! A regular helmet works great but if you are more comfortable in a full face helmet that works too. Whatever you feel most comfortable with!
6. Cycling gloves (full-fingered) - a COVID-19 requirement
7. Padded shorts (also known as chamois) are recommended.
8. Hydration system (water bottles or knapsack with hydration bladder)
9. Snacks/Lunch - YUM!
10. Cloth mask or Buff - a COVID-19 requirement
11. Sunscreen & Bug spray (we stop and session features a lot, this is a must!)
12. Spare tube that fits your bike
13. Leg/arm pads. Strongly recommended. Other padding is up to you - sometimes this helps our mental game too!
Our COVID-19 modifications requre that all participants (including coaches) self-screen for symptoms prior to attending, wash their hands, disinfect their bikes and wear a cloth mask or a buff. Coaches will avoid touching you and your bike as much as possible to prevent cross-contamination. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be available.
Questions? Contact us via email: email@example.com
Cancellation policy: Event will be canceled at 10AM the morning of the event if weather is deemed unsafe or our actions will cause an unacceptable level of damage to the trails. Event will be cancelled at any point during the clinic if lightening is observed. A 50% refund will be offered in the case of a weather cancelation. Otherwise, 100% refund within 7 days of purchase, 50% refund before June 26th, no refunds after June 27th. Please also review the COVID-19 protocols.