Sat, Jul 09|
Valemount Bike Park
July Mountain Adventure
Get the big bikes out! Time to up the descending factor and get down! Shuttle to the top, soak up the view and then practice techniques with certified coaches all the way to the bottom! Jumps, flow and fun!
Time & Location
Jul 09, 2022, 9:00 a.m. PDT – Jul 10, 2022, 4:00 p.m. PDT
Valemount Bike Park , Valemount, BC V0E, Canada
About the event
We have three super fun, extra rad experienced instructors ready to show you the flow and downhill trails of the Valemount Bike Park and coach you through some of the more technical features and improve your flow! Be prepared for two full days in the saddle in the Bike Park (shuttles organized) and work on finding flow, nativgating tight switchbacks and descending with control! Learn how to conquer bigger features and have a blast! Being in the folds of the mountains, smelling the cedars, breathing the crisp air, encouraging one another, doing features you thought impossible and shredding some trails is what this weekend is all about.
Teaching topics are designed around the group - so let us know what you want to improve on. Typical topics include balance, cornering (flat & bermed), roll downs, descending, and getting air!! This event is open to the public (ladies and non-binary adults only), and we encourage riders to be experienced blue riders, with some exposure with technical mountain bike trails. But don't let that scare you away - give us a shout and tell us what your thinking. We suggest that this clinic is best for those riders looking to get some air under their tires and improve their speed in an encouraging, progressive way.
Participants are responsible for the costs of accommodation, transportation and food. For accommodations, SheShreds will be organizing an option, so please ask if you are interested! If you'd rather sort yourself out, let us know. From camping to motels and AirBnBs, we can point you to some cozy spots as well as recommend delicious wood fire pizzas and watering holes - we know them well!
Overview of the weekend:
Our focus is on you! Together in the mountains, we foster learning in a positive, fun environment. Breaking down skills to a step-by-step progression, along with lots of sessioning, brings your biking to the next level! Three skilled, coaches will show you the best trails for the group while providing personalized feedback to improve your experience on your bike!
Pre-weekend we have a welcome package that outlines what to bring, what to wear, weather expected, trail conditions and meet-up locations. You will have the contacts of the other participants if you choose to organize carpooling and group accommodations. You will receive the waiver package via email ahead of the weekend and you are encouraged to read it ahead of signing it and seek medical and/or legal consult if needed. The waivers can be found here:
The cost of the shuttle is not included in the cost of the weekend. Please bring $60 cash with you to buy a $30 punch pass (one for each day) with Peak Shuttles. If personal shuttles are organized, please pay the driver.
Saturday: Meet at 9 am at the Valemount Bike Park for demos and to practice skills. This allows our coach to see your skills and provide you with personal attention and suggestions on how to improve before we hit the trails. When the group is ready, we hop on the shuttle and hit the trails to focus on areas/features and/or skills that you choose. Often this includes trail scanning, loading the bike, cornering, small roll downs and small drops. Estimated ride time: 3.5-4.5 hours excluding instruction.
Sunday: Meet at 9 am at the Valemount Bike Park. Depending on the group's preference, we work on descending, high-speed cornering, small jumps, small roll downs & drops at speed. Estimated ride time: 3.5-4.5 hours excluding instruction. Aim to be wrapped up at approximately 4pm.
Three Certified Professional Mountain Bike Instructors will guide the group, with a maximum instructor-to-participant ratio of 1:7. Your instructor is familiar with the specified trails and Valemount, BC as well as holds Standard First Aid certification and carries the recommended first aid kits and basic tools for mechanical issues.
What to bring:
1. Tuned-up mountain bike (proper size, dual suspension). If you need something more capable, we can help with a rental, but you will need to be able to transport it.
2. Pedals - please have flat pedals on your bike. This is safer to learn and helps to build confidence when you can quickly step off your bike. Flats ensure proper foot/pedalling technique, so challenge yourself to try flats a few times prior to the weekend. If you are much more comfortable on clips, then feel free to use them, but do let us know so we can plan accordingly.
3. Shoes to match your pedals. Flat-soled cycling shoes are ideal. Skate shoes are a good second runner-up. Runners will do. Please do not wear hiking boots. Closed-toe is required. Clips require shoes with matching cleats.
4. Weather-appropriate clothing - check the weather!
5. Helmet - we only got one brain! If you have a full-face helmet this would be recommended, but a regular helmet works great too. Whatever you feel most comfortable with!
6. Cycling gloves (full-fingered) are recommended
7. Padded shorts (also known as chamois) are recommended. Since this is a downhill clinic, you may not want to wear these. Personal preference!
8. Hydration system (water bottles or knapsack with hydration bladder)
9. Snacks/Lunch - YUM
10. Sunscreen & Bug spray (we stop and session features a lot, this is a must!)
11. Spare tube that fits your bike
12. Leg/arm pads. Strongly recommended. Other padding is up to you - sometimes this helps our mental game too!
Our COVID-19 modifications require that all participants (including coaches) self-screen for symptoms prior to attending, wash their hands, and disinfect their bikes. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be available. Peak Shuttle service may also have their own COVID-19 protocols that will need to be followed.
Questions? Contact us via email: email@example.com
Cancellation policy: The event will be cancelled at 10AM the morning of the event if the weather is deemed unsafe or our actions will cause an unacceptable level of damage to the trails. The event will be cancelled at any point during the clinic if lightning is observed. A 50% refund will be offered in the case of a weather cancellation. Otherwise, 100% refund within 7 days of purchase, 50% refund before June 25th, no refunds after June 25th. Please also review the COVID-19 protocols ( https://www.sheshredsyeg.com/covid-19-safety ).
- Ticket type
Valemount July Mountain Clinic
Get the big bikes out! Time to up the descending factor and get down all weekend!! Shuttle up, soak up the views and then practice techniques with certified coaches all the way to the bottom!Price$420.00
+$21.00 GSTTax: +$21.00 GSTSale ended