Golden Cross-Country Mountain Clinic
Time & Location
We have two experienced coaches ready to show you some awesome trails and coach you through some of the more technical features. Be prepared for two full days in the saddle on iconic Golden trails. Learn how to conquer bigger rides, bigger features and meet some rad folks who also love bikes.
Teaching topics are designed around the group - so let us know what you want to improve on. Typical topics include: balance, gearing, switchback climbing, technical climbing, gearing, cornering (flat & bermed), roll downs, descending, line selection.
Participants will need to organize accommodations, food and transportation for themselves, but we can help too! From camping (in the town) to motels and AirBnBs we can point you to some cozy spots as well as recommend delicious tacos, burgers and watering holes.
This event is open to the public (ladies only), however, some registrations may require an ability reference. This is to be sure the ability level of the group is able to meet the distance/ability levels that we have planned. If needed, we will contact you via email to discuss and arrange. In order for this clinic to operate, 5 participants are required.
Overview of the weekend:
Our focus is on you! We bring women together in the mountains to learn in a positive, fun environment. Breaking down skills to a step-by-step progression brings your biking to the next level! Skilled, local coaches show you the best trails around while providing personalized feedback to improve your experience on your bike!
Friday evening 8PM we meet for refreshments to meet and chat about our upcoming adventure! What to bring, what to wear, weather and trail conditions are all reviewed, waivers are all completed and nerves are calmed by meeting your experienced coaches. If you can't make the Friday night due to your commute, no problemo - just give us a heads up!
Saturday we meet at 9 am at Skills park for demos and to practice skills. This allows our coaches to see your skills and provide you with personal attention and suggestions on how to improve before we hit the trails. Around 11:30 am, we hit the trails and focus on areas/features and/or skills that you choose. Often this includes trail scanning, technical climbing, switchback climbing, loading the bike, cornering, small roll downs and small drops. Estimated ride Time: 3.5-4.5 hours including instruction.
Sunday we meet bright and early at 8 am at the trailhead to do one of Golden's most epic trail rides. Stunning views are your reward for a big climb and we work on climbing, descending, cornering, small jumps, small roll downs & drops at speed. Estimated ride time: 4.5 hours including instruction.
(On-trail skills include FSR climbing, descending, cornering, small jumps, small roll downs/drops [at speed])
Two certified Professional Mountain Bike Instructor Level 1 will guide the group of up to 14 participants, keeping the conservative industry instructor to participant ratio of 1:7. Instructors are familiar with the specified trails, trail systems and Golden, BC as well as hold Standard First Aid certification and carry recommended first aid kits
What to bring:
1. Well tuned up mountain bike (proper size, dual suspension is ideal, front suspension only will work)
2. Pedals - please have flat pedals on your bike. This is safer to learn and is much easier during our Saturday morning of skills. If you are much more comfortable on clips, then feel free to use them, but do let us know so we can plan accordingly.
3. Shoes to match your pedals. Flat soled cycling shoes are ideal. Skate shoes are a good second runner up. Runners will do. Please do not wear hiking boots. Clips require shoes with matching cleats.
4. Weather appropriate clothing - check the weather!
5. Helmet - we only got one brain!
6. Cycling gloves (full-fingered)
7. Padded shorts (also known as chamois) - your body will thank you
8. Hydration system (water bottles or knapsack with hydration bladder)
9. Snacks - YUM!
11. Bug spray
12. Spare tube that fits your bike
13. Leg/arm pads. Not mandatory but does add a bit of confidence when trying new things!
Questions? Contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancelation Policy: Event will be canceled at 10AM the morning of the event if weather is deemed unsafe or our actions will cause an unacceptable level of damage to the trails. Event will be cancelled at any point during the clinic if lightening is observed. A 50% refund will be offered in the case of a weather cancelation. Otherwise, 100% refund within 7 days of purchase, 50% refund before April 30th, no refunds after April 30th.
- Golden X-Country Mtn Clinic$300$3000$0